• KUTCHERIBUZZ ARCHIVES By Vincent D' Souza Like most people I was introduced to the visual face of saint Thyagaraja with the fanatstic paintings of late S. Rajam, actor, artist, singer and guru. Rajam's images of the Trinity are now found the world over. As framed pictures, works of art or printed stuff.
• KUTCHERIBUZZ ARCHIVES / JULY 2001 Under a thatched roof in a cool yard of a Raja Annamalaipuram premises in Madras, a 72-year-old man is lying down on a wire-mesh cot, in the 'Shav-asana' (dead man's pose). He is lying flat on his back, with arms on the sides and legs stretched and apart, and his eyes closed.
• KUTCHERIBUZZ ARCHIVES / 2003 Madras-based dancer and teacher A. Lakshman is guru to many foreign dancers. And they seem to learn more than just adavus and thillanas. Feature by Aruna. S / KuctheriBuzz Staff/ Madras Madras based Bharatanatyam dancer A. Lakshman has been a strict teacher to many.
• KUTCHERIBUZZ ARCHIVES / 2011 Reported by Mridula Anand In early December 2011, there was a unique one week workshop in Hyderabad by the famed singer Vani Jairam. Vani Jairam spoke briefly about her prior training in Hindustani music by Ustad Abdul Rehman Khan of Patiala gharana where she assimilated the intricacies of the thumri, bhajan and ghazal singing..
Reported by R K Phalguna It takes over three hours by bus from Bangalore to get to the village of Rudrapatna, which is located on the banks of the river Cauvery in Karnataka. As you wind your way in, one can see the beautiful temple which is in the shape of a tambura – The Sapthaswara Devatha Mandira. .
• KUTCHERIBUZZ ARCHIVES Reported by Sarah Wright, Harvard University Students at Harvard University are enjoying the privilege of studying with Umayalpuram Mali this semester. The mridangist from South India is residing in the Boston area for four months this Spring as a Fulbright scholar. .
Reported by C. P. Unnikrishnan The Sree Sankara School of Dance (SSD), Kalady, Kerala, conducted its fourth National Festival of Dance & Music, as well as the National Seminar on Development of Kalady, from the 16th to the 22nd of May. .
Reported by Mukundagiri Sadagopan During the Memorial Day weekend (May 29 - 31, 2010) Chicago Tyagaraja Utsavam (CTU), a not-for-profit organization, celebrated its 34th Annual music festival at the Hindu Temple of Greater Chicago (HTGC), Lemont, Illinois. .